Final Fantasy XIV, Splatoon 3, Bayonetta 3, more also win awards
FromSoftware and Bandai Namco Entertainment‘s Elden Ring game won Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2022 event on Thursday. The game also won three other awards at the event.
Other Japanese games or games based on Japanese franchises that won awards include:
- Best Family Game: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Best Art Direction: Elden Ring
- Best Sim/Strategy Game: Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Best Ongoing Game: Final Fantasy XIV
- Best Community Support: Final Fantasy XIV
- Best Multiplayer Game: Splatoon 3
- Most Anticipated Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the King
- Best Action Game: Bayonetta 3
- Best Role-Playing Game: Elden Ring
- Best Game Direction: Elden Ring
Last year, Tales of Arise won Best Role Playing, Final Fantasy XIV won Best Ongoing Game and Best Community Support, Metroid Dread won Best Action/Adventure, Guilty Gear Strive won Best Fighting, Keiichi Okabe‘s score for NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 won Best Score and Music, Maggie Robertson won Best Performance for her role in Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4 won best VR/AR, and Elden Ring won Most Anticipated Game.
Source: The Game Awards 2022 livestream
Disclosure: Bandai Namco Filmworks Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., is a non-controlling, minority shareholder in Anime News Network Inc.
Disclosure: Kadokawa World Entertainment (KWE), a wholly owned subsidiary of Kadokawa Corporation, is the majority owner of Anime News Network, LLC. One or more of the companies mentioned in this article are part of the Kadokawa Group of Companies.