First Public Showing of HyperX ProCast at TwitchCon San Diego
What You Need to Know:
- HyperX, the gaming peripherals team at HP Inc. and brand leader in gaming and esports, announced the release of the HyperX ProCast Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone. The HyperX ProCast is a professional-grade condenser microphone featuring an XLR connection, a cardioid polar pattern input and a gold-sputtered large diaphragm condenser capsule, delivering high-quality audio performance. Designed for streamers, influencers and content creators looking for professional quality in a microphone with XLR connectivity, the HyperX ProCast offers high-quality audio recordings with vibrant sound.
- The ProCast microphone captures detailed recordings with the gold-sputtered large diaphragm condenser capsule and utilizes the popular cardioid polar pattern to focus on the sound source. A switchable -10dB PAD allows the microphone to handle loud audio sources and a 80Hz high-pass filter switch helps to reduce unwanted low-end frequencies.
- Designed to capture high-quality sound and noise-free content, the ProCast comes with a built-in anti-vibration shock mount reducing vibration noises and a detachable HyperX Shield metal pop filter to help reduce rumbles and pops for clearer audio capture. The mount adapter fits both 3/8-inch and 5/8-inch thread sizes and is compatible with most stands and boom arms.
- The HyperX ProCast large diaphragm condenser mic will be available in the U.S. through Amazon, Best Buy and the online HyperX Shop for $249.99 MSRP starting in October.
- For more information, please visit the HyperX ProCast large diaphragm condenser microphone product page. Pricing from HyperX.com is subject to change without notice. Retailers pricing may vary.
“HyperX continues to elevate its range of high-quality and high-performing peripherals to meet the needs of today’s gamers, influencers, content creators, and more,” said Ana Hidalgo, streaming business manager, HyperX. “As our first XLR microphone, the HyperX ProCast microphone is perfect for recording professionals, content creators and streamers. With an XLR connection and a high-quality gold-sputtered large condenser, HyperX engineers focused on delivering excellent audio performance and versatility for use in home or professional studios.”
HyperX ProCast Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic Specifications:
Part Number: 699Z0AA
Element Gold-sputtered externally-polarized condenser
Diameter of diaphragm 1”
Polar pattern(s) Cardioid
Frequency response 20Hz~20kHz
Sensitivity -38± 3dBV (1V/Pa at1kHz)
Maximum input sound level 140dBSPL (THD 1%@1kHz)
Noise (RMS) -118dBV (A-weighting)
Dynamic range 123dB
Signal-to-noise ratio 75dB
Output Impedance 160 Ω
Phantom power requirements 48V DC, 3mA typical
Connections and Features
Shock mount Built-in
Pop Filter Metal, snap-on, detachable
Connection type Balanced 3-pin XLR male
Passive Attenuation Device (PAD) -10dB
High-pass filter -3dB@80Hz, -12dB/Octave
Weight (Microphone) 376g
Weight (Shock mount and pop filter) 127g
Total Weight 503g
Dimensions 134L*102W*209H (mm)
Source: Official Press Release